Small Business Disaster Relief Government Loans
As Australia takes stock after Ex Tropical Cyclone Debbie both the Queensland & New South Wales governments have published details of their small business support packages. If you are a small business owner or primary producer who has been affected by a natural disaster albeit Cyclones or Flooding in either Queensland or New South Wales, there may be financial assistance available, as well as a range of support services to help you recover.
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie assistance includes:
Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) Category B assistance for small businesses and primary producers which have been activated for the following local government areas:
- Whitsunday Regional Council.
- Mackay Regional Council.
Small business support
The activated Category B assistance for small businesses includes:
- Natural Disaster Assistance (Concessional Loans) of up to $250,000. These loans can be interest free up to 2 years and incur 1.16 per cent interest. The loans are can stretch up to a period of 7 years. There are no early payout, establishment or account maintenance fees.
- Essential Working Capital Loans Scheme of up to $100,000. These working capital loans are to assist with rents, wages and creditor payments whilst businesses undergo repair and attempt to reopen.
Primary producer support
Producers have access to freight subsidies of up to $5,000 per property and Natural Disaster loans of up to $250,000.
Visit the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries website for more information on primary producer assistance and eligibility.
New South Wales
North Coast Floods: from 28 March 2017 the joint Australian, state and territory governments' Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) provide a range of financial assistance to the natural disaster-declared areas in each state or territory.
For the North Coast floods which commenced on 28 March 2017, the available assistance measures include:
- personal hardship and distress assistance
- restoration of essential public assets
- counter disaster operations
- concessional loans for small businesses, primary producers and voluntary non-profit organisations
- freight subsidies for primary producers
- grants for voluntary non-profit organisations.
For information on available recovery assistance, visit the Emergency NSW website.
For further information on recovery arrangements, visit the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements page.
The above assistance may be available in the following local government areas
- Richmond Valley
Should you require any assistance with application for local government concessional loans to assist with your small business please contact our team or your GMD team member.